Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Resistance~

So, I have come to a pass and have not blogged because I was influenced by the proverbial word resistance. Resistance rears it's ugly head in many forms such as excuses, procrastination, justification or simply an "easy way out". For me recently it has been an increased commitment to work, obligations and daily "errands" that must be complete or else! Okay, so these errands we speak of that are so detrimental-what are they really...pressure put on ourselves to achieve or maybe a sense of accomplishment? I once became so obsessed with list of things to do, that as I checked them off I would add two more to create an even bigger challenge for myself. I strive on adrenaline, love to be productive and my personal belief is that there should be more hours in a day and naps are a wasteful use of valuable time.

Tireless efforts went into these daily errands until now...today is the day that I want to restructure my life so that it is more meaningful and balanced. I am learning that the concept of slowing down indeed has it rewards and that it is okay to stop and smell the flowers, taking time for ourselves does not mean we are being lazy it simply means we are taking care of our physical and spiritual well being. This new lifestyle has been very difficult for me to wrap my head around and I have been truly resisting the day that I wrote this blog and said, "enough is enough all I need to do is change by living a more congruent life". With the holidays quickly upon us, my intentions are to slow down by pulling away from a hectic, counter productive lifestyle. I will do this by creating tranquility and peace through meditation, writing and outdoor exercise. This will ultimately lead myself and others around me to a future of calm serenity and inner peace, opening the gates to a more fulfilling life. I will no longer allow resistance to dictate my life.

2 comments:

tanya said...

Erica, is this my long lost "daughter'? I have been thinking about you lately. let me know if this is you!! Tanya

tanya said...

Erica, my long lost daughter, is this you. I have been thinking of you lately, and want to reconnect. Proud of you. Tanya